Welcome to Facilitating Balance
Today’s lifestyle all too often involves juggling work and home lives, battling deadlines, toiling in artificial environments, enduring long hours of commuting, eating hurriedly and being bombarded by sounds, images and pollutants. It is not surprising that we can find ourselves stressed, unfulfilled and beset by a range of problems, such as:
- Intensified feelings of anxiety, irritability or cynicism.
- Difficulties sleeping.
- Constantly feeling tiredor finding it difficult to maintain focus.
- Losing our creative drive.
- Feeling rushed and overwhelmed by our daily obligations.
- Decreased self-esteem.
- Comfort eating.
- Digestive problems.
- Decreased energy levels and sex drive.
- Reliance on drugs and alcohol.
Left unaddressed, these problems can gain momentum and lead to more serious physiological and psychological complications, from hypertension to burnout and depression.
Whilst we cannot control all aspects of our lives, by making use of some effective tools, we can find ways to blend more harmoniously with it.
At Facilitating Balance we achieve this through an integrated holistic approach, which considers physiological, psychological, lifestyle and individual factors.
The Facilitating Balance approach is designed to enable individuals or small groups to maximise their ability to function in an effective and stress free manner guided by a stress management, lifestyle package. We also offer a one to one holistic consultation service.
The areas we explore include:
- Understanding our heart’s reaction to stress and how to minimise its impact, through cardiac coherence.
- Enhancing a sense of stillness and processing emotional trauma through mindful meditation.
- Understanding how different foods, drinks and the timing of their consumption affect brain chemistry, moods, levels of alertness and well-being.
- Utilising the complementary health model of Ayurveda to help facilitate a balanced state for the individual.
The Facilitating Balance handbook on these and other strategies will be made available to clients. It can also be purchased directly through Amazon. The accompanying guided audio meditation can be downloaded through the meditation page.
Our holistic consultation service makes a detailed assessment of physical, psychological and social factors, as well as a person’s unique constitution and lifestyle. A tailor-made treatment plan to enhance general well-being or help with specific issues is then offered.